The Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid will go on sale this month – a year later than initially planned – aimed at its Kia Sorento Hybrid twin and Toyota’s hybrid Kluger.
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe prices and specifications
- Hybrid engine exclusive to Elite and Highlander variants
- Highlander available with captain’s chairs and six-seat layout as a no-cost option
- Priced from about $63,000 plus on-road costs
views 7 imagesOverseas model shown
Pricing for the 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid has appeared briefly on the car-maker’s Australian website, with the electrified SUV due to go on sale later this month.
Hyundai Australia temporarily uploaded pricing and features for its Santa Fe Hybrid on its local website, confirming the SUV will launch in two grades – Elite and Highlander.
Using a Sydney postcode, the Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid Elite will be priced from $68,274 drive-away, with the flagship Santa Fe Hybrid Highlander climbing to $75,154 drive-away.
According to calculations by Drive, the Santa Fe Hybrid Elite is expected to start from about $62,950 plus on-road costs, increasing to approximately $69,550 before on-road costs for the Hybrid Highlander.
In comparison, its Kia Sorento hybrid twin starts from $69,750 in its all-wheel-drive GT-Line grade, while the Toyota Kluger’s electrified variants are priced between $54,150 and $75,700 plus on-road costs.
Compared to the equivalent non-hybrid Hyundai Santa Fe range, the electrified SUV costs about $3500 more than the all-wheel-drive, 2.2-liter four-cylinder turbo-diesel and about $7000 more expensive than the front-wheel drive 3.5-liter V6 petrol.
The Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid is powered by a 132kW/265Nm 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol enginepaired to a 44kW electric motor and a 1.5kWh battery pack.
A maximum combined power output of 169kW is sent to all four wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission.
According to previous reports, the all-wheel-drive Santa Fe Hybrid is estimated to consume a claimed 6.3L/100km – more than diesel-powered variants (6.1L/100km) – although this figure is yet to be confirmed.
views 7 imagesviews 7 images
Overseas model shown
The Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid’s equipment list is largely unchanged from the existing Elite and Highlander grades, although the electrified variants are fitted with smaller 19-inch ‘aero type’ wheels – down from the 20-inch alloys on the petrol and diesel versions.
The Hybrid Highlander is also available as a six-seater for no extra charge, trading the three-seat second row for two ‘captain’s chairs’.
A spokesperson for Hyundai Australia has confirmed the Santa Fe Hybrid will go on sale locally later this month.
See below for a full list of pricing and features for the 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe range.
2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Australian pricing
- Santa Fe petrol FWD – $45,550
- Santa Fe diesel AWD – $49,050
- Santa Fe Active petrol FWD – $49,750
- Santa Fe Active diesel AWD – $53,250
- Santa Fe Elite petrol FWD – $56,000
- Santa Fe Elite diesel AWD – $59,500
- Santa Fe Elite Hybrid AWD – $62,950 (new)
- Santa Fe Highlander petrol FWD – $62,550
- Santa Fe Highlander diesel AWD – $66,050
- Santa Fe Highlander Hybrid AWD – $69,550 (new)
Note: All prices above exclude on-road costs.
2023 Hyundai Santa Fe standard features:
- 17-inch alloy wheels with full-size spare
- 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster display
- Automatic LED headlights (with LED daytime running lights)
- Leather steering wheel and gear selector
- Cloth seat upholstery
- Electric lumbar support
- Heated side mirrors
- Rear parking sensors (with reversing camera)
- Wireless phone charging
- Third row USB port
- Electronic parking brake
- Second and third-row ventilation ducts
- Drive mode selector (with 4X4 Lock mode in AWD models)
- Roof rails and cargo blind
- Black grille insert
- Autonomous emergency braking with junction support
- Adaptive cruise control with stop and go
- Lane keep assist
- Lane following assist
- Blind spot monitoring (detection and braking)
- Rear cross-traffic alert (detection and braking)
- Multi collision braking
- Auto high beam
- Tire pressure monitoring
- Manual speed limiter
- Six more airbags (including center)
2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Active adds (over Santa Fe):
- Chrome grille, skid plate, door garnish, bumper molding and door handles
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Leather-appointed seats and dashboard
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual zone automatic climate control
- Front parking sensor
- Shift-by-wire gear selector
- Paddle shifters
- Power folding mirrors
- Rain-sensing (automatic) wipers
- Rear privacy glass
- Safe Exit Assist
- Puddle light projection
- Electronic child locks
2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Elite adds (over Active):
- 20-inch alloy wheels (19-inch ‘aero style’ wheels for Hybrid only)
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch infotainment touchscreen with wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, satellite navigation and digital radio
- Harman Kardon premium sound system
- LED tail lights
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Smart power tailgate
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Rear door curtains
- Luggage net
- solar glass
- Rear Occupant Alert (advanced)
- Dark Chrome front grille
- Active variant’s chrome exterior trim deleted
2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander adds (over Elite):
- Optional second row ‘captain’s chairs’ (Hybrid only, no-cost option)
- 20-inch ‘exclusive’ alloy wheels (19-inch ‘aero style’ wheels for Hybrid only)
- Body colored wheel arches
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Upgraded ‘projector’ LED headlights
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated outboard rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Power passenger seat
- Memory for driver’s seat
- Head-Up Display
- Panoramic sunroof
- 360 degree camera
- Blind spot view monitor
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- Ambient interior lighting
- Low-speed rear autonomous emergency braking
- LED interior lighting (different from ambient lighting)
- Premium paint ($695, all variants)
- Cognac brown leather ($295, Elite)
- Camel leather ($295, Highlander)