LAS CRUCES – Visit Las Cruces is the host of the inaugural Las Cruces Restaurant Week, which its calling a “10-day celebration of the city’s flavorful foods, delightful drinks, and wide variety of culinary creations.”
Residents and visitors are encouraged to “support the vibrant restaurant community” from April 1-10.
“We are honored and excited to be part of this event. This industry was drastically hit during the pandemic, and we wanted to do something to support the restaurant owners and staff,” said Rochelle Miller-Hernandez, director of Visit Las Cruces, in a news release. “They are not only business owners, but also our friends, family, and neighbors. Restaurants play a vital role in the economic well-being of Las Cruces.”
Visit Las Cruces says it is encouraging restaurants to create or identify their Restaurant Week specials as space-themed, since Restaurant Week coincides with the Las Cruces Space Festival, from April 7 to April 10. Learn more about the space festival at www.lascrucescvb. org/las-cruces-space-festival.
More:Las Cruces Space Festival includes film screenings, spaceport open house
For the full list of participating restaurants and specials, visit the Restaurant Week page at www.lascrucescvb.org/dining/restaurant-week-participants. In its news release announcing Restaurant Week, Visit Las Cruces did not detail how restaurants were selected to take part in the promotion.
“Visit Las Cruces hopes to expand Restaurant Week in years to come,” Miller-Hernandez said. “As the event gains momentum, we anticipate even more participation from our diverse dining community.”
Here are the Restaurant Week deals sent by Visit Las Cruces:
- Abraham’s Bank Tower Restaurant, 506 S. Main St., Las Cruces, Electronic Caregiver Tower No. 434. Special: Green Chile Patty Melt, with fries or potato salad, $9.95.
- Beck’s Roasting House and Creamery, 130 N. Main St., Las Cruces. Special: Moon Pie, $7.
- Double Eagle Restaurant, 2355 Calle de Guadalupe, in Mesilla. Special: Stratosphere Martini, $14; and Duck Drumettes, $15.
- Downtown Blues Coffee, 130 S. Main St., Las Cruces. Special: $1 off any drink.
- Dunkin’ Donuts, 2527 N. Main St., Las Cruces. Special: Cosmic Coolatta, $5.09.
- Dunkin’ Donuts, 3835 E. Lohman Ave., Las Cruces. Special: Cosmic Dozen, $12.99.
- El Sombrero Patio Cafe, 363 S. Espina St., Las Cruces. Special: Burning Asteroid Red Enchiladas, with rice and beans, $9.95; and three Stardust Sopaipillas, $2.25.
- FARMesilla, 1840 Avenida de Mesilla, Mesilla. Specials: Strawberry Hibiscus Sangrias, $8; Blue Corn Tostadas, with Spring Zucchini, Corn & Chile Morita Shrimp (vegetarian and vegan options), $12; and Chocolate Beet Cake, $6.
- Hacienda de Mesilla, 1803 Avenida de Mesilla, Mesilla. Special: Starry Calamari, $14; and Frose, $8.
- Jason’s Deli, 3845 E. University Ave., Las Cruces. Special: Mention “Restaurant Week” for 10-percent off dine-in meal
- La Posta de Mesilla, 2410 Calle de San Albino, Mesilla. Special: Galactic Green Chile Enchiladas, $11.95; and Lunar La Posta’rita, $8.
- Lorenzo’s Italian Restaurant, 1753 E. University Ave., Las Cruces. Special: Space Balls & Spaghetti or Out of This World Tiramisu, 20-percent off.
- Matteo’s Mexican Food Downtown, 138 S. Main St., Las Cruces. Special: Your choice for $7.99 – Chicken Flauta Signature Plate, or Hatch Green Chile Enchiladas Signature Plate, or Hatch Red Chile Enchiladas Signature Plate, or Chicken Taco Signature Plate.
- Pepper’s Cafe, 308 Calle de Guadalupe, Mesilla. Special: Zero Gravity Margarita, $11; and BBQ sandwich, $12.
- Sassy Grass Juice Bar and Lounge, 3100 W. Picacho Ave., Las Cruces. Special: Sassy Blast, $10.