Complete renovation of the eastern portion of Los Altos Park leads off phase 1 also adding another softball field. This includes everything east of the access road from Lomas Blvd. NE to the Albuquerque Garden Center and Los Altos Pool.
Phase 1 improvements include:
- Demolition and reconstruction of the softball fields
- Construction of 5 new softball fields with 300′ outfield fences with up to 150 spectators per field
- Construction of a new restroom and community building with concessions, multipurpose meeting rooms to support regional softball tournaments and community events
- New and improved vehicle access within the park and new parking around the perimeter of the complex to avoid pedestrian conflicts
- Construction of a pedestrian “spine” or promenade running through the middle of the complex with seating, shade and food truck parking for regional tournaments and community events.
Phase 1 is expected to be completed in early 2023.
Phase 2 will add other improvements, including:
- Construction of a signature BMX Pump Track Facility, suitable for hosting regional and national competitions, on NM Department of Transportation-owned property at Easterday Drive NE.
- Construction of a new dog park in southeast corner/south side of the park
- Construction of a 20 new horseshoe court capable of hosting regional tournaments
- Construction of a new playground to replace the current one
- Continuation of the Phase 1 pedestrian spine connecting the softball complex to the pool, skate park, horseshoe complex, dog park and BMC pump track
- Continuation of improved vehicle access loop to new primary signalized park entrance and Lomas Blvd. NE and Easterday Dr. NO
- Additional parking construction to support all of the above improvements and provide overflow parking for large softball tournaments and community events.