LAS CRUCES, NM –NM State indoor track & field team heads up I-25 to compete in the UNM Team, hosted by the University of New Mexico for the second time. The three events Aggies are scheduled to compete in are high jump, weighted throw, and shot put.
The Starting Line
- The UNM Team Open is the second indoor track meet of four meets to be held in Albuquerque, NM.
- Aggie fans can stream all the action through Flotrack with a paid subscription, or follow along free with live results thanks to liverunningresults.com.
- 13 athletes are scheduled to participate in three events (weight throw, high jump, shot put) on Friday and Saturday.
- NM State weight throwers snatched three spots in the top ten at the MLK Collegiate Invite; lead by Phethisang Makhethe in second and Miranda Tcheutchuoa in third.
- Aileen Alvarado will be the only high jumper competing in the UNM Open.
back track | MLK Collegiate Invite | 1.21.23
- Phethisang Makhethe posted a new personal best in weighted throw for the second straight week and third straight meet, recording a final mark of 20.06m (65-9.75″) to take second place.
- Miranda Tcheutchuoa came in third in weighted throw, tallying her best collegiate finish with a toss of 18.36m (60-3″), a personal best.
- Emily Birch rounded out the Aggies in the top ten for weight throw, taking ninth with a season-high mark of 16.66m (54-8″).
- Rebecca Green paced NM State in the Shot Put, taking third with a mark of 15.44m (50-8″), setting a new personal best in the process.
- Freshman shot put thrower Alesha Lane competed in the shotput for the first time in her young career, taking eleventh place with a distance of 13.47m (44′ 2.5″).
Schedule of events
3:00PM Women’s Weight Throw
5:30PM Women’s High Jump
10:30AM Women’s Shot Put
For complete coverage of New Mexico State track and field, follow us on Twitter (@NMStateXCTF), Instagram (@NMStateXCTF), and like us on Facebook (NMStateTrackXC).
++ NM State ++
Comments are closed.