Hello Albuquerque! Let’s get this Saturday off to a real start. Here’s what’s happening in Albuquerque today.
First the weather today:
Some sun. High: 64 Low: 40.
The Daily is made possible from local company Durango Local News.
Wanna see Your company presented at this point in the newsletter? Click here to get started.
Here are the top stories in Albuquerque today:
- the Albuquerque Police Department A victim’s lawyer was officially added to the homicide squad in July. The attorney’s sole purpose is to provide families with the help and resources they need during a difficult time. “There are no words for such deep pain,” said Terry Huertaz, the victim connection manager for APD. “There is shock, there is trauma, but they are very accepting of wanting the resources.” Huertaz works closely with Reparation of crime victims to help families with funeral and counseling costs as well as cleaning up crime scenes and lost wages. (KOB)
- A local teenager is making a splash on the national stage for her horseback skills. Seventeen years old Lauren Jorgensen has worked its way up to a number of prestigious national equestrian competitions over the past few months. the Albuquerque Academy senior has been riding since she was four and now competes in the art of riding that emphasizes the rider’s shape. (KRQE News 13)
- Albuquerque The police are investigating another murder on Friday. After interviews with witnesses, investigators learned that the driver had deliberately run over the victim several times. (KOAT Albuquerque)
- A Albuquerque Woman is behind bars and her 10 year old son is safe after an Amber Alert in. was issued Albuquerque and led the authorities to a nearby town Amarillo, Texas. (KRQE-News 13)
- According to state health officials, around 25% of all COVID-19 cases in the past week have been children. (KOB)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Now you are up to date and can really start this Saturday! See you tomorrow morning with a new update in your inbox. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Rachel Kelimnik
About me: Rachel is a born and raised New Yorker who recently moved to the mountains to the west. She is a freelance copywriter for the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and supports Patch.com with the creation of community newsletters. In her spare time, Rachel can be found roller skating, making pottery, drinking tea, and tending to her growing collection of houseplants.