Hello everyone! It’s me, Helen Eckhard, your host of the Albuquerque Daily — here to explain everything that’s fit to print about what’s happening in town. Here we go…
First, today’s weather:
Plenty of sunshine. High: 93 Low: 66.
Here are the top three stories in Albuquerque today:
- The Honor Flight has returned safely to the ABQ Sunport. The flight left on Friday to attend the memorials in Washington DC For some veterans, this flight and its homecoming was the first time they felt honored for their service. 25 veterans made the memorable trip to our nation’s capital. (KOAT New Mexico)
- An Albuquerque City Councilor has announced a proposal that would invest funds into Route 66. City Councilor Klarissa Pena wants to invest $250,000 into improving the 18-mile stretch of pavement that played an integral role in the city’s development. The improvements would find uses for some of the vacant buildings, clean neighborhoods, and repair the iconic neon signs. (KRQE News 13)
- Paul Slade Smith’s “Unnecessary Farce” is coming to The Adobe Theater’s stage on Friday. The performance will go through July 3. Tickets are currently on sale and can be purchased here. Tickets start at $20 with discounts available for first responders, healthcare workers, and educators. ()
Today in Albuquerque:
- Share The Beauty (Entire Facility) At The Albuquerque Garden Center (All Day)
- Library Book Club At The Albuquerque Garden Center (2:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- The Albuquerque Isotopes are offering a one-of-a-kind exclusive offer to those purchasing the Grassroots Baseball: Route 66 Book. Those who have purchased the book will get the opportunity to take a photo with Hall of Fame pitcher Greg Maddux at the team’s Jun. 15 game. (Albuquerque Isotopes via Facebook)
- The Albuquerque Museum Foundation is having an estate sale. Click to learn more. (Albuquerque Museum via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow morning with a new update!
— Helen Eckhart
About me: Helen Eckhard is a marketing assistant at Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-professed logophile who is currently pursuing her master’s degree in library science. Outside of work, you can find Helen constructing crossword puzzles, knitting, or devising increasingly crafty ways to kill off characters in her mystery novels.