TUCSON, Ariz. — Following their rivalry series victory over the weekend, the Arizona Wildcats (28-13) head east for a midweek tilt against the New Mexico State Aggies (16-21) on Tuesday night at 5:00 pm MST.
Freshman right-hander Anthony Susac is making his fourth start of the season for the Wildcats opposite Aggies righty Josh Laukkanen.
More information on Tuesday’s game can be found below.
|dates||opponent||Time (MST)||Arizona pitchers||opponent pitcher|
|Tuesday, April 26||New Mexico State||5:00 PM||RHP Anthony Susac (2-1, 8.67)||RHP Josh Laukkanen (1-0, 9.00)|
- The Arizona Wildcats interrupt an extended stretch of home games with a one-game road trip to Las Cruces, NM to take on the New Mexico State Aggies.
- Tuesday’s game will be streamed live on the WAC Digital Network. There will not be a radio broadcast.
- Arizona holds an all-time series lead of 58-8 over New Mexico State, with games dating back to 1917. The Wildcats won their most recent matchup against the Aggies, 4-2, on April 12, 2022 in Tucson.
- Tuesday’s game will be Arizona’s first trip to Las Cruces to play NMSU since 1954. The Wildcats swept a two-game series on scores of 16-0 and 31-0 on that 1954 trip.
- Arizona has scored at least one run in 213 consecutive games, the longest active scoring streak in the Power Five and the second-longest in program history. They are 19 games away from tying the longest known streak in school history (1950-55).
- Outfielder Mac Bingham has reached base safely in 25 consecutive games, the longest active streak on the team and the longest streak of his career. Outfielder Tanner O’Tremba (17 games) also sports the extended on-base streak.
- Seven former Wildcats are currently on Major League rosters: INF Bobby Dalbec (Red Sox), OF JJ Matijevic (Astros), RHP Tylor Megill (Mets), RHP Mark Melancon (Diamondbacks), INF Kevin Newman (Pirates), OF Rob Refsnyder ( Red Sox), and INF Alfonso Rivas (Cubs).