NM State (2-2) vs. Northern Arizona (3-0)
Saturday, Nov 5 | 11:00 am
NM State Swimming and Diving Complex | Las Cruces, NM
THE STARTING BLOCK
• After two weeks of anticipation, the Aggies will take on the Lumberjacks of Northern Arizona. New Mexico State swimmers and divers will be competing in their own complex in Las Cruces, New Mexico this Saturday.
• A standard 16-event schedule is set to be followed at this weekend’s dual meet.
• The Aggies are currently 2-2 but looking to make it 3-2 this weekend. This will also serve as the first of two meetings between the Aggie and Lumberjack divers as NM State takes its divers to Flagstaff, Ariz., two weekends from now to compete in the NAU Diving Invite.
• The two programs will also share the pool in February, when they meet in the WAC Championships.
• A live stream of tomorrow’s meet will be available via YouTube at this link.
DUAL MEET HISTORY | NM State vs Northern Arizona University
01.22.22 | Flagstaff, Ariz. | T, 132-132
11.23.19 | Las Cruces | W, 180-133
11.17.18 | Flagstaff, Ariz. | L
11.18.17 | Las Cruces | W, 184-148
11.17.17 | Las Cruces | W, 134-88
03/12/16 | Flagstaff, Ariz. | L, 127-168
05/12/15 | Las Cruces | L, 122-178
06/12/14 | Flagstaff, Ariz. | L, 118-182
07/12/13 | Las Cruces | L, 129-171
01/12/12 | Flagstaff, Ariz. | L, 116-176
LAST TIME OUT vs. Colorado Mines/Colorado State | 10.15.22 | RECAP
• The highlight of the day came in the day’s final event as the team of Aimee Burton, Naomi Slee, Elizabeth Cervantes-Vanderlugt and Lindsay Puhalski combined to set a new pool record – reaching the wall in 3:33.79.
• Early on, a pair of Aggies impressed in the 200 individual medley as Lindsay Puhalski finished second in the event with a time of 2:11.01 while Faye McDonagh joined Puhalski on the podium with a time of 2:12.75 to finish third.
• Naomi Slee also finished strong in the ensuing event, claiming second in the 200 free with a time of 1:56.18.
LAST TIME OUT vs Northern Arizona | NM State 132, vs Northern Arizona 132 | Jan 22, 2022 | RECAP
• Aimee Burton secured three victories in the last meet against Northern Arizona in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:05.48), 50-yard free (23.62), and 100-yard free (52.35).
• Lindsay Puhalski took the title in the 200-yard individual medley (2:07.48) and the 100-yard backstroke (58.06).
• The Aggies swept the top three spots in both the 50-yard free and 200-yard individual medley.
QUOTABLE | HEAD COACH RICK PRATT
“This will be a great test for our team after a very productive stretch of practices. Our young team has made great strides and we are going to have to be completely focused as a team on Saturday. NAU’s team has many strengths and we are going to have to fight for every point to be successful.”
COMING UP NEXT
• NM State divers head to Flagstaff, Arizona for the NAU Diving Invite on Nov. 18- Nov. 20. The Aggies will not have another meet until Dec. 3 where they will face UT Permian Basin at NM State Swimming and Diving Complex.