From NMSU Athletics
ALBUQUERQUE, NM – After two days at the NCAA Albuquerque Regional, the NM State women’s golf team sits in 11th place. With one round remaining, the Aggies will look to make some noise in the final day of competition.
Meiji Tungprapunvong leads NM State with a score of 150 (+6) through two days. Tungprapunvong is closely trailed by Amelia McKee and Alison Gastelum, both of whom are shooting 151 (+7).
On Wednesday morning, the Aggies will once again tee off at 9:06 am with Northern Arizona and North Texas. Arantza Armas Stenner will get the Aggies going in the final round as
- An eagle on hole one from Amelia McKee highlighted the round for NM State. The eagle from McKee extended her own school record with the ninth eagle of her collegiate career.
- Alison Gastelum posted the low score of the day for NM State, shooting 74 (+2). The All-WAC selection birdied holes one and 11 to trim two shots off of her score.
- Meiji Tungprapunvong birded holes 10 and 14 to finish her first nine holes at an even 36. The Bangkok, Thailand native finished the day with a 76 (+4) on her scorecard.
- On the final day of play, NM State will play once again with Northern Arizona. No. 47 North Texas will replace Sam Houston in the Aggies pairing, beginning at 9:06 am MT.
- The Aggies sit just three shots behind No. 47 North Texas and four shots back of No. 50 Oklahoma going into the third round.
- Just as they have on the first two days, the Aggies will tee off on the 10th hole on Wednesday.
NCAA Albuquerque Regional | NM State results after two rounds
11. NM State | 302 – 304 = 606 (+30)
Individual (After round two)
T33. Meiji Tungprapunvong | 74 – 76 = 150 (+6)
T39. Amelia McKee | 74 – 77 = 151 (+7)
T39. Alison Gastelum | 77 – 74 = 151 (+7)
T53. Valentina Origel | 77 – 77 = 154 (+10)
64. Arantza Armas Stenner | 83 – 81 = 164 (+20)