The 31st annual Sandy Springs Festival is coming Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 17 and 18, and some downtown road closures come with it.
The city announced the following road closures and parking/shuttle service information:
- Sandy Springs Place will be closed between Sandy Springs Circle and Blue Stone Road from Sept. 16, 10 am until Sept 18, 10 pm
- Hilderbrand Drive will be closed between Sandy Springs Circle and Blue Stone Drive from Sept 16, 5 pm until Sept 18, 10 pm
- Sandy Springs Circle will be closed between Mount Vernon Highway and Sandy Springs Place from Sept. 16, 2 pm until Sept 18, 10 pm
- Mount Vernon Highway will be closed Sept. 16, 7:30-9:30 am for the Doug Kessler 10K/5K Road Race.
- In addition to the festival-related closures, Mount Vernon Highway between Sandy Springs Circle and Roswell Road remains closed for road construction.
Festival hours are 9 am to 6 pm on Saturdayand 10 am to 5 pm on Sunday. Free shuttle service will be provided by the city and Cooper-Global Transportation at the following locations during the festival:
- Century Springs East/West, 6000-6100 Lake Forest Road
- Lake Forest Elementary School, 5920 Sandy Springs Circle
- Northside Tower parking deck (behind Signature Bank), 6065 Roswell Road
The Sandy Springs Festival is an annual fundraiser benefiting Heritage Sandy Springs, a nonprofit organization serving the community. For more information on the Sandy Springs Festival, see sandyspringsfestival.com or call Heritage Sandy Springs at 404-851-9111.
John Ruch is an Atlanta-based journalist. Previously, he was Managing Editor of Reporter Newspapers. More by John Ruch