City-wide spring / summer daytime outdoor irrigation (April 1 to September 30), which restricts customers from watering between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., has expired for the year.
From October 1st to March 31st, customers can only water on the specified watering days during these times.
The Las Cruces Utilities (LCU) Water Conservation Ordinance and Ordinance allows residents to water outside of the vegetation with:
- Even-numbered addresses on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Odd addresses on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- No watering is allowed on Mondays.
Use the LCU Water Conservation Program’s 24 hour hotline at (575) 528-4444 and leave a recorded voicemail to report water waste, which includes:
- Watering on the wrong day.
- Water leaves the property or accumulates on the property.
- Do not use a bucket or shut-off nozzle to wash vehicles or sidewalks.
- When you call, please include the day, time, address or place. The TTY number for the hearing impaired is (575) 528-3541.
LCU customers can monitor their water and gas usage, set up alerts, set usage limits and pay their bills by signing up for free at LCUtilityHawk.com.
LCU encourages residents to use water wisely to save for future needs.