Sent: October 20, 2021
COVID monitoring tests for APS employees
Weekly testing is required for employees who are not fully vaccinated, have not disclosed their vaccination status, or have not completed the exemption survey.
Albuquerque Public Schools staff must take weekly COVID-19 surveillance tests if any of the following applies:
- Employee is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- The employee has chosen not to disclose the COVID-19 vaccination status
- The employee is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 but has not completed the exemption survey
Employees who are required to take weekly tests must do so in their free time (i.e. outside of the working day or during vacation during the working day).
You must send your COVID-19 test result to your manager immediately upon receipt and no later than the following Monday.
Employees who test positive for COVID-19 will be exempt from surveillance testing for 90 days after they last tested positive. Please inform your supervisor of your positive test date for this exemption.
- Select one of the three COVID-19 testing options listed below.
- Take your test during the assigned test window; the sooner the better.
- Send your test result to your manager as soon as possible, but no later than the Monday after your assigned test window.
Test option 1: Premiere Medical on-site group test
- Location: Berna Facio Professional Development Complex, 3315 Louisiana Blvd NE
- Times: 7:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Dates: Oct. 18 – Dec. 21. Closed on November 15th, 25th & 26th
- Register online (one-time registration). If you cannot register online, registration forms will be available on site (please allow more time).
- Fill out an online admission form.
- Be prepared to show your QR code at the time of the test.
Test Option 2: Home Vault Health Test
Test option 3: Ministry of Health curative testing location
Exception to COVID-19 tests
When you are fully vaccinated, you can get exempt from the required weekly COVID0-19 surveillance tests.
- Fill out the survey to get rid of COVID-19 tests – prepare with your COVID-19 vaccination information and make sure you are signed in to your APS Google and Gmail accounts.
- Once you have completed the exception survey, you will be removed from the surveillance test list 14 days after receiving your second Pfizer or Moderna vaccine dose, or the single Johnson & Johnson vaccine dose. Until then, you must take surveillance tests.
- Employees can return to the COVID-19 test exemption overviewand Change answers at any time.
- If you have already completed the survey but are still on the list of surveillance tests, return to the survey and verify that the date indicated is correct for your final vaccine dose.