Registered voters in Las Cruces can cast their ballots for the city’s local elections on November 2nd.
Early voting and postal voting began on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 and will continue through Saturday, October 30, 2021. During the early voting, eligible voters can cast their votes Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 N. Motel Boulevard until October 29, with the exception of Monday, October 11 on the occasion of Indigenous People’s Day. The voting will also take place at this location on Saturday, October 30th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
From Saturday, October 16, 2021, the absentee and pre-election locations will operate until Saturday, October 30th. These locations operate from Tuesday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and operate as follows:
Container locations secured around the clock for the submission of voting slips
- Anthony City Hall Municipal Complex – 820 Highway 478, Anthony, NM 88021
- Sunland Park City Library – 1000 McNutt Rd. A., Sunland Park, NM 88063
- Delores C. Wright Education Center – 400 E. Lisa Dr. – Chaparral, NM 88081
- Hatch Valley High School – 170 E. Herrera Rd., Hatch, NM 87937
- Doña Ana County Government Center – 845 N. Motel Blvd., Las Cruces, NM 88007
- Las Cruces City Hall – 700 N. Main St., Las Cruces, NM 88001
- Sonoma Elementary School – 4201 Northrise St., Las Cruces, NM 88011
Early voting locations
In the town hall, the early voting takes place in the lobby.
The Las Cruces local elections will include races for Districts 3, 5 and 6. Las Cruces residents will elect ranked councilors if there are more than two candidates. In ranking list choice voting, voters can sort the candidates from favorites to least favorite. For a candidate to win, they have to get a majority of the votes, 50 percent plus one. If a candidate receives the majority of the first votes, he wins. If no candidate receives the majority of the preferred votes, the candidate with the fewest preferred votes is eliminated. Voters who chose this candidate as their first choice would count their second preferred vote.
For information on ranked choices, see the FAQ on ranked choice.
Election day takes place on November 2nd from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and 40 polling centers are used throughout Doña Ana County. Click this link for a full list of all voting centers.
For more information, call the Doña Ana County Office at 575 / 647-7428 or go online at www.dacelections.com.